Belfast City Council are keen to notify local businesses within and around the city centre cordon that a Road Closure, Restriction and Diversion Order has been submitted to facilitate the #YourBelfast programme aimed at animating the city in the run up to Christmas.
A variety of activities will operate each weekend until 6 January in and around the cordon sites, with street furniture, lighting and fun fair style installations also happening. You can find a full list of proposed animation and event infrastructure here.
The animation aspects will happen each weekend, however the other elements plan to open between 17-21 November and will remain in place until 6 January, with operating hours to coincide with retail hours and peak footfall.
The following arrangements are to take place:
16 November until 10 January (2019)
- Closure of Castle Place (North side) to junction with Lombard Street.
- Suspension of parking and loading bays on Castle Place.
- Closure of Donegall Place at its junction with Fountain Lane to Castle Junction.
- Lane restriction on Royal Avenue adjacent to Santander Bank to junction with Berry Street.
- Castle Street suspension of loading bays numbered 7 and 8.
Every Friday to Sunday from 16 November 30 December 2018, 6pm- 8pm
4 January to 7 January, 6pm-8pm
- Closure of Royal Avenue from North Street
- Closure of Lower Garfield Street.
- Closure of Rosemary Street.
- Closure of Berry Street from Bank Square.
- -Suspension of parking/loading bays in this area.
- Closure of Donegall Place.
- Closure of Fountain Lane.
- Closure of Castle Lane.
- Suspension of parking/loading bays in Donegall Place.
Should you have any queries before, during or after the events, regarding the events or any of the arrangements outlined above, please contact BCC directly at the City Events Unit on 028 9032 0202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org