Board of Directors
Destination CQ BID is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors.
The current Board of Directors is formed from the Taskgroup which led the establishment of Destination CQ BID:
1. Cathedral Quarter Trust (Corporate Director represented by Patricia Freedman)
2. Paul Henry McErlean, MCE PR (Chairperson)
3. Zoe Anderson, Start360
4. Donagh McGoveran, Centra Cathedral Quarter
5. William Chamberlain, Belfast Community Circus
6. James Golden, Quigg Golden
7. Douglas McIldoon, St Georges Parish
8. Leslie Hume, Dawsons Music
9. Iain Lundie, UHY Fitch
10. Paul McIlwaine, The MAC
11. Jonathan McKeown, JMK Solicitors
12. Trevor Ringland, Mcaulay & Richie Solicitors
13. Sorcha Wolsley, Beannchor
14. Joanne McKenna, Hadski’s Restaurant
15. Simon Cordner, Belfast Cathedral
16. Tracy Marshall Elliott, Belfast Exposed
17. Martin Lynch, Green Shoot Productions
18. Michelle Davis, Ramada Encore
19. Raffaella Folli, Ulster University
20. Tzvetelina Bogoina-Seenan, Kopyright
Directorship of Destination CQ BID LTD is a voluntary role to govern the organisation and ensure adherence to the stated Objects in the Articles of Association of Destination CQ BID Ltd.
The nomination and appointment of Directors to the Board of Destination CQ BID LTD are in accordance with the Articles of Association of Destination CQ BID Ltd (articles 24 & 25).
The Board will be generally reflective of the sectors within the BID area. It will also take in to consideration the need to ensure the necessary set of skilled as included for example marketing, legal, human resources and accounting. There is also a commitment to ensure as far as possible Board membership from across the BID areas geography and gender balance.
As per the published business plan, the structure of the Board may be:
To ensure both continuity and refreshment of Board members, service terms of two and three years will apply with extensions of three years permitted. Board members can extend their directorship for a maximum of two extensions subject to continuance of the company before they must step down.
Potential candidates for the Board should have knowledge of governance and/or a willingness to attend governance training where knowledge gaps occur, and be able to demonstrate a commitment to positive development of the Destination CQ BID area, and to the aims and objectives of Destination CQ BID.
All Board members will be required to declare conflicts of interests/ loyalty and will be subject to all company policies including confidentiality, minimum attendance and codes of conduct agreements.
Potential eligible candidates must complete a nomination form and return it by the specified date. A nomination pack is available in the RESOURCES section of the website.